Breast Care Nurse Navigator
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be overwhelming for patients as well as their families. At Florida Hospital DeLand, we’re here to answer questions and help you navigate your journey. Through our Breast Care Nurse Navigator program, you’ll have a dedicated nurse who will be with you every step of the way.
What is a Breast Care Nurse Navigator?
A Breast Care Nurse Navigator is a single point of contact for cancer patients and their families. The Breast Care Nurse Navigator is an educator, an advocate and a friend. The navigator is a specially trained professional who assists in all aspects of the patient’s care experience. When clinical issues arise, a navigator can refer patients to the appropriate physician office or other health care resource.
Breast Care Nurse Navigators assist with many aspects of your care, including:
- Consulting with you and your family in navigating through the comprehensive services that are available to you at Florida Hospital DeLand
- Assessing the individual needs of you and your family and providing the information, education and resource materials to better inform you of what to expect throughout your treatment.
- Acting as a liaison between you and your medical team.
- Assisting with the coordination and scheduling of tests and services.
- Communicating with physicians, support service personnel, family members and others on your behalf.
- Providing follow-up and ongoing support.
For more information, contact our Breast Care Nurse Navigator, Denise Mariconda, RN, BSN at Denise.Mariconda@fhdeland.org or (386) 740-4021.