Cancer Rehabilitation Services and Lymphedema Treatment
Lymphedema treatment is offered through our Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy department. The program addresses the individual needs of people with an accumulation of lymph fluid, which causes swelling in the arms or legs. The program is run by a licensed therapist certified in manual lymphatic drainage.
Cancer rehabilitative services include:
- Individualized exercise programs to improve range of motion, strength, endurance, and to decrease fatigue related to cancer treatments
- Relaxation and deep breathing training
- Manual therapy to reduce pain, scar tissue, and adhesions
- Education on energy conservation and work simplification to improve activities of daily living (ADLs) such as dressing, bathing, cooking, and basic housekeeping
- Speech and swallowing services are available for patients with head, neck or throat cancer
For additional information on Lymphedema and other cancer treatment options offered by Florida Hospital, please click here.